Saturday, July 5, 2014

Challenge

 Jim the Space Adventurer here

 SURPRISE! Ben and I are still alive. Just, life...summer...school...NaNo. Things like that have been happening to us and when we aren't tackling it we are attempting to sleep. Because...you know...sleep.

 Anyways, I am here today because I am doing a challenge with Ben but I have snippets up on my website as part of an introduction to my newest book and I'm keeping them up till Monday. So I am stealing this blog today for the challenge then I will move it to my normal one. (Ben posted her's HERE)

 The challenge is to, every day, talk about a different character. Ben and I are doing ones from Movies, Books, and TV shows.
 Today's is the first character I absolutely loved.

 Movie: I would have to go with Peter from The Chronicles of Narnia. The moment I saw him I knew I was in love. I loved the way he looked after Lucy especially, but how he was ready to fight for Edmund and tried to protect all of them. And when Narnia was in danger and he knew he could help he didn't hesitate to stay behind to fight in a war even though he was so young.
 And he got a cool duel scene with the Witch...so, you know. When Prince Caspian came out I only loved him more. (And you have to admit, he is pretty dashing and cool in The Last Battle. I wanted that one made into a movie mostly just so I could see him.)

 TV show: This is harder. I like a lot of TV shows, and I know Doctor Who is my favourite - and I love the Doctor, but I'm not sure if it is the same way as the character I should be trying to figure out who I loved...if that makes sense. Which is shouldn't, because I am tired. But trust me, it makes sense somehow.
 I think I might have to go with Captain Kirk. Or Nick from Grimm. I forget who I fell in love with first. Maybe it was a tie since I started them at the same time. If it was....
 I loved Kirk because he did care for his crew. Falling in love with girls annoyed me, but he was brave and would do anything to keep his crew safe. And he liked to start fights between Spock and McCoy and it always makes me laugh.
 Nick I love because he is more of the quiet character. He has a lot going on and endures a lot, but he always remembers who he is and he cares about others and tries not to hurt them. He is also willing to see past the monster appearance of others and give them a chance - such as with befriending Monroe.

 Book: This is hard. The characters I liked first were real so I don't think they count since they lived once.
 I think it would have to be Martin the Warrior from the Redwall book. I know, he was a mouse, but who cares. He was brave and daring and I completely fell in love with him. I've never really forgotten him, never will. He will always have a special place in my heart.

 Okay, and there, that is all. I am not going to think up a grand ending. I am just going to run off and enjoy a few moments of quiet and being alone.

 JIM THE SPACE ADVENTURER 

No comments:

Post a Comment