Tuesday, February 3, 2015

LOTR Blog Party Day Two - Favorite Book/Movie

 HEY GUYS!!! It's Ben here and it's Day Two of the Fabulous LOTR Blog Party that is being hosted over at To Say Nothing of Reality 

This Blog is open to Guest Posting, and we again welcome Angelique Jane to the scene! *applauds*



-GUEST POST- Angelique Jane
 

Firstly: why do we have these impossible tasks?!?! Have you TRIED to pick only one?? You have to have the rest for it to make sense!!! It just doesn't work otherwise...

Alright, now that that's dealt with, let's move on...


My favourie book and/or movie...Hmmm. (have I mentioned extrememly hard tasks?!)

Alright: Return of the King.

The book had more scenes from my favourite characters, as well as the appendices with the notes on the languages in the back. In that book, it brought Éowyn to Faramir; and it healed more of the brokenness that was in all of the characters.

The third book was filled with so much marvellous moments. There were the instances of friendships being strengthened between Pippen and Merry, Legolas and Gimli, Frodo and Sam, etcetra. There were also multitude acts of bravery and chivalry and loyalty: Éowyn and Merry fighting the Witch King for Théoden, Aragorn in the House of Healing, Sam fighting to save Frodo, the Eagles, etcetra... Then of course, the renewing of life and love (they go hand in hand for me, so...), with Faramir and Éowyn and how they were both healed and brought together; with Aragorn and Arwen wed after many MANY years; Sam marrying Rosie and his family being started; Gondor and Arnor reunited as one; the White Tree was replanted; the Shire cleaned up; (Saruman killed...); Saroun defeated, etcetra...

And, oh! The sheer amount of wonderfully quoteable lines and moving scenes is astounding!!! The charges, the description of the battle fields, the description of people, the events - I could write a trillion poems inspired by this book and still not run out of inspirations!!!

Yes, alright, I love the book. I cannot even begin to tell you what I like - the amount of quotes and pictures and scenes included here...'Twould be easier to just include the book. Trust me...

Of course, don't get me started on the movie... Wallpapers, poems, quotes - it's just so beautiful and moving and brave and...and.... *speechless*

Words have failed to suit my cause -


So pardon me as I will pause.

*sighs*

But the third book is also the best because it is an end AND a beginning. It is the end of the darkness and despair and the fear prevalent throughout the earlier books; yet is also the bright, hopeful beginning to the Fourth Age. It hold some of the darkest moments, but also the brightest; it is the saddest book, yet also the happiest. It's the book that makes it all worthwhile - that makes the death and the sacrifice somehow worth it. Not entirely, but a little bit.

That being said, Return of the King is definitely my favourite book. (And movie.)

*studiously does NOT thinking of the countless reasons why she likes the others as well* And I shall leave it at that...


Merci beaucoup; mille fois merci!


Thank you very much; a thousand times, thank you!




Thank you Angelique! It's great to have you here!!! Come again soon! *waves her off*

cheers!


Ben-
Out


 

7 comments:

  1. I loved the Return of the King too! That is something else I wish was in the movies - Faramir being healed by Aragorn. That scene made me cry, I'm not even kidding. It was when Faramir opened his eyes and beheld his king... TOLKIEN IS A MASTER!!! *hyperventilates*

    I liked that Merry and Pippin were so brave and helped clean up the Shire and everything, but I do understand why PJ cut that bit out. I think it would have felt like too much in movie form. EVERYTHING IS BETTER - Wait. The Shire is hurt??? Another battle??? No!!!!!!

    I. Love. Théoden.

    APPENDICES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, definitely. Faramir is by far (no pun intentionally intended) my favourite character, but I grew to like him first from the books. I probably cried the most in the last book - it's just so..... *runs out of adequate words that BEGIN to describe it*

      Yes, I can see that too. It would have been fun to watch (can you imagine Merry and Pippen?) but it also wouldn't have fit as well with the movies.

      the appendices are some of the BEST parts - if the rest of the trilogy/Hobbit wasn't in the running. Once I sat there and read the geneaologies, and my mom wanted to know why I'll read the history on a fictional world (I beg your pardon?) but can't learn half the dates in history - what can I say: I just can...

      Delete
    2. The last book is one big emotional rollercoaster, every time you turn around someone is dying or falling or getting lost or being hit with grief, so you basically sob until the end. YAY PAIN!!!!!

      FARAMIR!

      Delete
    3. I know!!! It is - and the best one to write for.

      Delete
  2. Your posts are awwwwwesommmmmne, Angeliique!!!! I totally agree with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HANNAH!!! YOU SHOULD POST HERE TOO!

      Delete
    2. *blushes and curtseys* Merci beaucoup! Thank you so much - I'm honoured that you think so!

      Delete